Ming'ongo Community Day Secondary School Science Laboratory and Library Project
Project Launch: 1-12-22
Using a $9,995.06 grant from World Connect, Ming’ondo Community Day Secondary School will see the completion of the library and laboratory block by roofing, plastering, painting, fitting doors and windows and furnishing the block. In addition to that they will also procure additional textbooks and laboratory equipment. The completed library will provide over 355 students with a conducive environment for studying and accessing textbooks while the laboratory will help them with practical science subject lessons.
Project Update: 2-9-22
The completion of a library and science laboratory block at Ming'ongo Community Day Secondary School is progressing at a remarkably fast pace with roofing of the block already done. Using the initial 60% of the total $9,995.06 grant funds, roofing materials which included planks, nails, wires, iron sheets and ridges were purchased immediately after the money was wired and now the block is roofed. The community will use the remaining 40% of funds to plaster, paint, fit doors and windows, and furnish the two facilities. In addition to that, they will also procure additional textbooks and laboratory equipment. Students at the school are looking forward to full completion of the two facilities as encapsulated by the head girl of the school, Florence Harold, “I thank World Connect for project assistance given to us. Once the project is completed, we will have chances of doing practice in the laboratory which we have never had before, and we will also have time to study in the library.”
Explore other Projects
The organization's mission is to bring together the various women who are active in the oyster activities for a good organization of the sector. This organization also plays a role in Microfinance L... ...Learn more